Sunday, September 20, 2009

I know I've been posting a lot of videos lately

BUT………

if you know me, you know that I love country music. 100.0 was the country music station in Rochester, Minnesota where I grew up, and frankly it was the clearest channel, and I got hooked. Do you remember when you had to turn a dial to get the little red line to land on the station you wanted between the different numbers? I’ve got to say that it definitely teaches you how to read a number line if anything, including decimals. These days, everything is pre-programmed and digitized…lame-o.

I love country music because it is so timeless. The big name artists have songs that are still played on the radio today, and every time I hear them on the radio, it takes me back to a specific period in time.

George Strait is one of the greatest country artists of all time. He was honored as the artist of the decade in May of this year, and all the big name country artists of this generation came out to honor him in a tribute George Straight All-Star Concert.

Oh, and Jamie Foxx came too. CHECK OUT THE VID, his rendition of George Strait’s “You Look So Good in Love” is AWESOME. Watch it in HD.

Watch George sing it now:

No comments:

Post a Comment