Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Agassi apologizes for the on-court charity spat with Sampras

SO it all started when… Pete Sampras decides to imitate Andre Agassi’s famous walk to lighten the mood and to get some attention also. Andre doesnt like it. From that point on he gets personal and airs the dirty laundry. Pete takes offense and tries to nail Andre with a serve.

On Monday, Agassi talked to ESPN.com’s Rick Reilly and offered an apology:

“It was out of line. It was inappropriate. The night was on fire. We were all having fun. I was trying to be comedic. I only had a split second to make a decision. I went for it and it fell flat. I was trying to get past it, but Pete didn’t really let me get past it. He didn’t really roll with it. I’ve texted Pete to ask him if I can apologize in person.

“The joke fell flat and I’m sorry. My hope was that the night was still enjoyable. My whole book is about living and learning, and I guess you never stop.”



[Via http://kfrc.radio.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment