Thursday, October 29, 2009

What are they going to think of next!? NSX drifting, maybe..

Making dorifto history this past August is Kawabata-san and his S13.  Watch the clip to find out why..

Reverse entry drift is the next level apparently. When I first watched the video, I was expecting the driver to toss the rear forward and hold it while he slid through the corner. Thinking back on it, I don’t know how I could’ve even conceived such an impossibility, but I’m sure with some wishful modification to the front suspension some up-and-coming driver will be sure to raise the bar again.

On the subject of crazy drifting, some guy decided to take Honda’s most expensive sports car and subject it to the brutal unforgiving sport of slide. Now, I’ve seen self-proclaimed drift king Keiichi Tsuchiya drift his NSX-R on a track before, but for some reason, seeing a regular joe-schmoe pour his money, energy, and soul into his car really makes you feel for him. Decked out with wide body aero, custom engine tuning and remapped ECU and a custom tire rack, it brings its hardcore drifter-of-an-owner to the track in style, lets him pull off amazing drifts, and then takes him safely back home, just like how a reliable Honda should. Can you feel my Honda pride showing through? Haha.

[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment