Thursday, October 29, 2009

Procrastination 101 - Is Late Really Better Than Never?

Yeah, so I was in Birmingham for the Taylor Hicks Workplay weekend last month. Took a crap-load of pictures and a few videos. Had every intention of writing a thorough recap, full of my impressions and reactions, along with some (hopefully) witty thoughts. But you know what? The words just wouldn’t come.

My muse has gone silent over Workplay. Maybe she’s just overwhelmed by the multitude of sights and sounds and emotions experienced those two evenings in that packed little theater. Or maybe she’s too busy constructing a quilt of memories from the daylight explorations and the nighttime musical buffets. Perhaps she’ll gift me with that quilt when it’s complete. Hand it over to me in one of those gossamer moments when I float between asleep and awake and whisper just the right words in my ear.

Or maybe she won’t. Maybe the perfect words to describe those days and nights in Birmingham will never come. And that’s okay, too. I’m happy either way. Because my response will be the same. Whether to the muse or to all of those who created those moments for me, my words would be simple and heart-felt. And they are these:

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment