Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SUG's 1st annual, WORLD FAMOUS top Music Videos of the year

Alright, so here it is. I have compiled my list of the best music videos of the year. I really did take a lot of time to make this list. The tough part was deciding what distinguishes a GOOD music video. There are some big name stars whos videos have 10 billion views on youtube, then there are the artistic ones that because of their creativity are amazing even if you have never heard of the artist. So i tried to do some of each, and the music itself was the biggest decision as to wether I thought the video was good, so I tried to pick artsy videos that have cool music. I didnt wanna rank em . They are all good.

Dirty Projectors – Stillness Is The Move - Llamas, mountains, weird choreography, and a sick song. One of the best songs of the year in my opinion…the girl can sing.

Kid Cudi, Kanye, Common- Make Her Say – Best editing/cinematography. The balloons, the bleachers, real creative, cool video

Coldplay – Life In Technicolor II – Not my type of music, but original video, had to be on the list.

Lady Gaga – Bad Romance – No Doubt. she was HUGE. Mtv’s Woman of the year….how bout artist of the year? Lots of creepy lady gaga plus some throw back 80’s dance moves makes this one of my top videos of the year. p.s. the weird hand thing she does makes it look likes shes got a strong hand

Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks – Weird Video…but I have a great appreciation for weird and unique. If you do too, watch this. U gotta watch until the end tho. p.s. Shout out to Grizz

Mims – Move (if you wanna) – I like when rappers actually try to make a music video. One of my most played songs of the year.

Yeasayer – Ambling Alp – Award: Weirdest Video of the year. – Really weird but very artistic, every scene could stand alone as a pretty crazy photograph. I really like this video.

Kid Cudi – Day ‘N’ Nite – Award: Rap music video of the year. – So sick. influenced a huge eXplosion of rotoscoping in music videos. Kanye did his whole video redrawn, Cudi combined em. Now everyone is lovin it. F the Crookers remiX.

Animal Collective – My Girls – Award: Artistic Video of the year This is one of my favorite videos of all time. its got some of the sickest effects and u cant help but get sucked into this song. It gets you so pumped. Thanks Brewer

Beyonce – Single Ladies – Award: Video of the Year – I dont even think any one can argue this. BEYONCE HAD ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS OF ALL TIME!! Bet seriously she did. Super simple, super seXy. Everyone and their mother was talking about this video. Sorry but Taylor Swift didnt quite make my cut… (note: ive seen this on different charts counting it as a 2008 video…but others as 2009. It was the biggest video of 2009 wether it came out late 2008 or not)

Honorable Mention: Carl Sagan – A Glorius Dawn’ ft. Stephen Hawking – Who ever can use Stephen Hawkings voice to make a song gets an award in my book.

[Via http://enlitenvideos.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment