Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lets Harvest the Organs of Death Row Inmates

Let’s face it: there is always going to be a disparity between human ethics and morals on the subject of capital punishment.

However, while capital punishment still exists I see this idea being a very worthwhile pursuit. Hopefully you watched the video and didn’t jump to conclusions based on the title. Of the many comments on this video, time and time again I saw the counter argument:

“So, if your father is in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets convicted of a capitol crime you’re okay with his organs being harvested and sold.”

But if those who state this had actually watched the video without their own predispostion then they would have seen that they are arguing the case for allowing inmates the ability to donate their organs. It’s not a blanket proposition, but one of choice. If they WANT to donate their organs, why not?

Preliminary thoughts on capital punishment: What would I think about capital punishment if it were my own family and friends?

Personally, I’m not sure what I think about capital punishment as I have not given it much thought. Once I’ve done my research, I’ll update the idea with an entry of it’s own.

[Via http://brennanv.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment